Interactive Business Relationship Management
Expertys' Interactive Business Relationship Management (IBRM) system is a web-based application suite for customer, partner, and supplier relationship management. IBRM supports all interactive business processes, whether internal to a company or vis-à-vis its customers, suppliers, and partners. And IBRM includes flexible XML interfaces to facilitate integration with other systems such as accounting and production management.
Provide a secure, robust and performing platform the manage the entire life cycle of business relationships, i.e. contracts.
Use the power of Internet technologies and a modular architecture to adapt to companies' business processes while leaving sufficient flexibility for future development
IBRM offers many benefits to companies that sell complex products and/or services. The system simultaneously supports any number of company locations, ensuring power, flexibility and economy in day-to-day operations. IBRM can be a highly attractive solution to companies working in fields as diverse as:
- Leasing and infrastructure-management provision
- Machine-tool and other industrial manufacturing
- Project management
- Management of software licenses and maintenance, etc.
Again, IBRM is best suited to companies whose sales, purchasing and after-sales processes entail some complexity and volume, and typically involve many people with different functional roles and levels of authority.
Standard IBRM functionalities
IBRM supports all core business processes of the company: From pre-sales through sales and procurement, to materials management, invoicing, and post-sales. Major functionalities include support for:
- Contact management
- Product/service configuration
- Proposal management
- Contract preparation and conveyance
- Internal and external negotiation and approval
- Purchase order and manufacturing order generation and conveyance
- Parts and materials reception and assignment
- Customer invoicing
- After sales maintenance
- Basic reporting and notification
Among IBRM's principal benefits are the following:
Open All / Close All
IBRM is a modular system consisting mainly of the building blocks presented below.
System and security administration
This module manages the IBRM configuration and all application security:
- User, function and role administration
- User preferences administration (e.g., notifications)
- Data and module access management
- Data and template management
- Language and localization (IBRM currently supports English, German, French, Spanish, and Polish)
This module manages all entity-related data:
- Company role (e.g., supplier, customer, partner, bank, subsidiary, etc.). Company roles are not mutually exclusive
- All contacts and addresses, where addresses are managed by type (e.g., contract, delivery, billing, etc.)
- Finance and accounting data
- Transport preferences (email, Soap, etc.)
- Attachments and interaction history.
Sales & negotiation (contract) management
This module manages the end-to-end pre-sales through sales process:
- Proposal generation
- Product/service configuration
- Contract preparation and customization
- Internal and external validation
- Contract printing and conveyance
- Process history.
Technical Architecture & Recommendations
IBRM is a multi-platform, grid-enabled business application of the e-business generation. It is fully based on Web technologies like Java, XML, XSLT, XSL-FO, and all its XML structures follow xCBL recommendations as far as practicable. All interfaces to and from IBRM are therefore very easy to implement.
Hardware: Intel, RISC
Operating System: Linux, Unix, MacOS, Windows
Application Server: Apache Tomcat -> Cocoon
Database: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MSSQL, Sybase
Distributed Services Server: OpenJMS